EASTS JUNIORS (6-17 years) SUMMER COMP 2021/22
WEDNESDAY BOYS (6-17) – ROUND 1 STARTS: 3/11/21
ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR SUMMER COMP 2021/22
REGISTRATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 22nd OCTOBER 2021
- VENUE: All games for both days will be played at Queens Park.
- COST: $100 per player or 1 x Active Kids voucher, to be sent to your team manager.
- TEAM REQUIREMENTS: We require a minimum of 10 players registered per team (with no maximum)
- Teams have 8 players on the field at all times with unlimited interchanges.
- FREE BALL: All teams who pay for 10+ players on or before the cut-off date (Friday 22nd October) will be able to pick up a free Oztag ball from the desk at the fields from Round 1.
- GAME TIMES: Games will be at 4:05pm, 4:40pm and 5:15pm (game time requests cannot be guaranteed).
- COMP DETAILS: Summer comp will run for 12 weeks total, 10 rounds + 2 rounds of finals. There will be 1 week to replay washout rounds.
- AGE DIVISIONS:
- Age divisions are based on the age the child is turning this year, 2021. Therefore a child turning 12 in 2021 will be in the 12s.
- NON-PAYMENT PENALTY: Teams will not receive points for any round until fully paid.
- MAXIMUM REP PLAYERS PER TEAM: Maximum of 4 Rep players per team. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.
- PLAYING GEAR: All players must wear Official Oztag Shorts ($30) or Tights ($35) available on REGISTRATION DAY or at the fields before every game. Alternatively you can purchase online at: www.oztagger.com.au All teams must wear MATCHING TEAM SHIRTS by ROUND 3 – all teams starting at U11’s and above will also need shirt numbers.
- FORFEITS: Teams are to contact our Grounds Co-ordinator, Blake (0466 482 500), prior to 3pm on game day if you are forfeiting a match. Forfeiting teams will be given 0 points with -5 for and against with the opposition being awarded a 5 try win.
- DRAWS / TABLES: Full draws will be placed online. All teams must check online for their game times.
- PLAYING UNREGISTERED PLAYERS “RING INS”: Any team found to be playing players that are not registered to that team will not receive points for that game. If you are intending on using a fill in player they must be in a lower division or age and staff must be notified.
- INJURIES: All injuries must be reported to the desk and recorded on the day.
- REFUNDS: Once a player has taken the field to play, playing fees cannot be refunded.
- WET WEATHER: All wet weather notifications will be placed on the website by 2pm on game day. Managers will also be notified by text if games are called off. We will do our best to replay any washout rounds, dependent upon Centennial Parklands availability.
RULES / GUIDELINES
RULES / GUIDELINES
- JUNIORS RULES: Our juniors rules will be enforced by our referees on all games from 9’s and below (all games held on the smaller fields). Thus our 10’s and above follow standard oztag rules. The changed rules for our 6-9’s divisions are as follows:
- To begin each half a team will kick-off to the opposition, during the game the team who concedes the try will be awarded a tap from the centre of the field to resume play.
- There is no marker to defend from in front of the play-the-ball. All defenders must be back with the referee after each tag.
- The defence cannot leave the line of the referee until the first receiver has caught the ball, or the dummy half has started running.
- The dummy half can run but cannot be tagged or score, if they are tagged a changeover will occur. If they score, no points are awarded and the opposition get a tap restart from the centre of the field 7m off their goal line.
- LATE START: In order to start a game both teams must have a minimum five players on the field, ready to play within 5 minutes of the game starting. If a team does not arrive by the 5 minutes a forfeit is awarded to the team who are waiting. If the forfeiting team arrives after the 5 minutes is up the forfeit remains but the game can be played out without the score being recorded.